Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Is it true that the term ';cracker'; refers to a slave owner cracking a whip on a slave's back?

If so, that is supposed to be derogatory?Is it true that the term ';cracker'; refers to a slave owner cracking a whip on a slave's back?
It's true. Type in cracker (as a derogatory term) in wikipediaIs it true that the term ';cracker'; refers to a slave owner cracking a whip on a slave's back?
Perhaps if that is the manner in which it came to be then it is derogatory. Think about it, people who abuse and enslave others are sad characters. They are insecure and immoral. Someone who uses violence against another and oppresses them in such a manner must have a lot wrong with them inside. If someone called me a cracker I would be offended because I am not so insecure as to develop an abusive personality and abuse others.
Even saltine crackers crack! and a stick can crack too so yeah...I guess. They're lucky to not have such an offensive word...cause to me the word sounds so funny..I don't look at it as negative cause I always think of the saltine crackers. Black people's N word should be changed to ';Biscuit';
that is exactly true. the term cracker originated in the south on the plantations where the white planters would crack a whip at the african slaves.
No it refers to whites looking like saltine crackers.
Yes, and it is designed to be derogatory.
holy sh!t
Ya know... everyone thinks that about saltines and I've never thought about it but this really makes sense!
lol sweet girl...biscut XDDDDD
no, it's probably from Chinese crackers - I thought you'd know that, Sun the Hun!

No comments:

Post a Comment