Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Is it true that cats have no long term memory?

my mom gave my cat away and she said that the cat wont remember us so it couldnt be sad...


is it ttrue?Is it true that cats have no long term memory?
Ok if a cat has no long term memory, then how can the cat remember its name? I think your mom just told you that to make you feel better.Is it true that cats have no long term memory?
I am sorry to advise you that cats have memories like an elephant,,,,,,,,,,,,,they never forget...don't be surprised to see this one on your back porch one morning. I pray that the new owners are cat lovers.................Your Mom should be so lucky to see it again.......................
Definitely not true. Cats have wonderful memories. I have a cat that is now 13 years old. She grew up with my daughter. This cat does not like many people. My daughter was away at college for a couple of years and the minute she came home, Maitai ran and jumped in her lap.





When most people come to visit, Tai hides. But, when my daughter shows up, she's right in the middle of her lap the second she sits down. She will never forget her.





Cats usually adjust quite well to new homes, but some even find their way back to their original home if they are not happy.





Don't be mad at your mom though. Maybe she doesn't really believe that it will remember you. More than likely you are much sadder than your cat. If your cat is getting fed, loved, and plenty of attention, it'll be ok.
I breed cats and sold one I called ';Graceful Mowser (Gracie)'; to some friends of ours. About a year and a half later she had her first litter. The new owners called her ';Mouse';. We were invited to see the new litter and when we walked into the room, the momma cat stood over her kittens so we couldn't see them. When I said, ';Hi, Gracie, how are those babies?';, she looked at me and stood back so I could see the babies. She actually looked proud. Now, whenever someone comes in their house, she hides. Except when we visit and then she immediately greets us. See, cats remember, even if their owners give them a new name.





They also remember when someone is mean to them, so watch out!
Unfortunately no it isnt true. If your cat happens to get away from the family it is with it will attempt to come back to you. However, if you have moved it will never find you but it will find your old home.


This doesnt mean that your cat is sad. If the cats immediate needs are being met: food, water, someplace to sleep, and someone to pet it, it will be happy and most likely will stay with the family it was given to.


Im sorry your kitty was given away and I know you probably miss it terribly. Just know that your mom wouldnt give your kitty away to someone that would harm it.
Absolutely not! Cats remember everything. People don't give cats credit for how smart they are. I hate to tell you but from my experience, cats hold grudges, especially if they get very attached to you. However, the good news is they will accept most anyone who will care for them. They will love anyone who provides food/water/attention. If you gave your cat away to a loving home, he will be fine. He may miss you and may be mad at you for a while but he will move on just like people do and fit into his new family.
No, i dont think thats true. Why do cats try to return home if they cant remember anything? Mommy's lying I think
I bought a cat and she kept on not eating for almost a week because she missed her old owners (i checked her at the vet and she was healthy)





The good news is that she will get use to its new owners (if they were good) like mine did now i think she liiiikes my family very much
If cats do not have long term memories explain this to me.... My cat Crystal used to live with my boyfriend at his fraternity house on a college campus, (don't worry we were very cautious about who handeled her as we knew frat boys can be total jerks, she was never once abused or harmed) She was there for the first 2 years of her life. To this day she still is partial to men, and i am the only female she is fond of, and just the other week, a friend of mine, who was a member of the fraternity and a regular visitor to my boyfriends room came to my house to visit, and one of her favorites. 3 years ago was the last time Crystal saw this friend. She never ever runs down the stairs to the door when i open the door to our house at the top of the steps (we live in an Up Down unit double) She heard him say hello to me, and came running across the house, to the door looked down and bolted to him. She didn't leave his side the rest of the night... no long term memory...yeah right
  • best myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment