Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Is it true that coffee helps the nursing student in terms of memorization?

Caffeine, whether it is in coffee, soda, tea, whatever, helps many people stay alert. You obviously memorize better if you are alert. It's no more complicated than that.Is it true that coffee helps the nursing student in terms of memorization?
Why only to nursing students? Coffee contains caffeine which is a stimulant to body system making brain more active till it's in effective level in the blood.Is it true that coffee helps the nursing student in terms of memorization?
Yes, and only nursing students, it turns out. Every other field of study, no, but they found nursing students have a particular response to coffee. Memorization helps memorization, stupid.
I graduated from RN school a year ago. Being alert helps memorization, as noted by others. Caffiene only helps for so long with mental alertness, and then you just max out. If you're too jittery, you can't focus on studying!! The best way to promote retention of complex material is to read through one section, then take a break and let your brain absorb it. Study in frequent, small periods, 20-30 minutes long. Get enough sleep, because that's when your brain downloads everything into it's longterm memory.





That being said, I know it's unrealistic for a nursing student to always find 20-30 minute study times - sometimes you have to go for the major 5-hour cram session. I used scented candles - citrus and peppermint are both supposed to promote mental alertness and memory retention. I also used hyponotherapy, which helped me a lot.





BTW, I hate coffee, and don't drink colas. But I managed to pass all my classes with Bs, and passed my RN boards on the first go-round. Good luck!
Why is this question in diabetes?
Hell yeah it does!!!! I got a buzzing sound in my ear!!!! What?
No and I do not care if others disagree. The high of coffee is followed by a let down and loss of memorizing time.
  • best myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment