Friday, February 12, 2010

Is it true some women can carry a baby to term without having a positive home pregnancy test?

how?Is it true some women can carry a baby to term without having a positive home pregnancy test?
Anything is possible and YES you can have periods when your pregnant, in fact you can have periods all the way through your pregnancy and if you can't check information like that before you give it then you shouldn't give any.Is it true some women can carry a baby to term without having a positive home pregnancy test?
No....some women, it may take a while longer for it to show in a hpt....but a blood test would confirm it. HCG is always being produced in the body when pregnant. Why do you ask??
I had my period for the first 4 months with my first daughter and for the first 3 with my second. It is totally common and yes, depending on the positioning of the baby, the fetus' size, and several other factors it is definately possible to have a baby without a test. A case I heard of was with a 19 year old woman who went on vacation with her family to the islands. She appeared to have gained maybe 10 pounds, but still looked fantastic in he bikini and had a blast. While lying on the beach she began having incredible abdominal pain and was taken to the hotel doctor for examination. Upon a detailed physical examination it was determined that the young woman was nearly full term and delivered a healthy 5 pound daughter. She did not know the whole ime that she was pregnant, and the baby was not active, so she had no suspicion, nor did her family. Odd things happen every day.
Yes some woman don't excrete HCG in their urine which is how the HPT tests for pregnancy.
I did. The only reason my doctor could give me was that for some reason my body DID NOT carry the HcG in my urine.





Please Note: I know my body VERY well, and the day I missed my period was the day I knew I was pregnant. Went for blood work 2 days later and confirmed this. I couldn't imagine going an entire pregnancy and NOT knowing I was pregnant.
Doubt it, since a woman's body produces HCG during pregancy. HCG levels are detected in all pregnancy tests thus a positive prenancy test. If you don't have HCG you are not pregnant. Check out the following link.


http://www.americanpregnancy.org/duringp鈥?/a>
i never took a home prgnancy test i just went to the doctor....i had my period for the first 3 months of pregnancy. im sure you dont have to take a hpt to carry a baby to term as i am 33 weeks so no you dont have to take one but if u were taking them im not sure they could stay showing up negative when you are pregnant
I would say almost everything is possible. Women have indeed carried babies to term while experiencing spotting or bleeding. http://www.thelaboroflove.com/articles/c鈥?/a> Somewhere around a third of all pregnant women will have some degree of vaginal bleeding. In early pregnancy, before the lining of your uterus has fully attached to the placenta, part of the uterine lining could possibly shed. This is most often caused by an imbalance of hormones. Decidual bleeding is not considered harmful or dangerous to you or to your developing baby. Women have also become pregnant while NOT having periods, for whatever reason (usually hormonal, but could be caused by stress, poor nutrition, dieting, etc). Women can also become pregnant from having intercourse during menstruation, although they would think this is the safest time. Humans are funny animals. They are designed to procreate. Conception, gestation, and birth can happen within any set of circumstances. Considering all the things the human body CAN do, I would not be at all surprised about the failure of a home test to detect pregnancy. It all depends upon the level of hormones in the woman's urine, whether that test will work at all.
anything is possible.
I know someone who carried for seven mos without knowing she was pregnant. LMAO!


I mean SEVEN MOS??


anyway, she was in denial about it so I don't know if she was testing herself or not...
It is true but very very rare. So rare that Dr.s don't even consider it a possibility until they have seen it for themselves but it has happened. There are instances where people have a period while pregnant also. That is how you hear of these women that have no idea that they were pregnant until they went into labor. As I said it is extremely rare. Spotting while pregnant is also a possibility. It is also a rare occurrence but happens much more often than people realize and much more often than the other 2.
never heard of that before so i would say no, it's not true. just like you can't have your period while pregnant.

No comments:

Post a Comment